1. Savory Pumpkin Pancakes
Jazz up your morning breakfast with these healthy and simple Savory Pumpkin pancakes.
Cook Time15 MINUTES
1 cup Chickpea flour (besan)3/4 cup Pumpkin puree1/2 cup Chopped Spinach leaves1/2 cup Thinly shredded carrots1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions2-3 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves1/4 cup Club Soda or Soda water3/4 teaspoon Crushed chili flakes (adjust to taste)1/2 teaspoon Carrom Seeds (ajwain)Salt to taste2-4 tablespoon Oil to cook pancakes
1. Assemble all the ingredients.
2. In a bowl combine all the ingredients.
3. Pour in soda water.
4. Mix until well blended. Add more soda water if the batter is thick.
5. Heat and grease a griddle.
6. For each pancake, spoon 2 tablespoon batter onto the hot griddle. Drizzle oil and allow the pancakes (puda) to cook.
7. When the underside is done, flip carefully with a spatula and cook. Adjust heat if necessary.
8. Cook on each side for 3-6 minutes or until golden brown in color.
9. Repeat with remaining batter and serve immediately.
10. Spoon chutney of your choice on top, and enjoy a stack of fluffy pancakes for breakfast.
Recipe from Rauchiskitchen.com
2. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Skillet Cornbread.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
1. 8 tablespoons butter
2. softened and divided
3. 8 ounces cream cheese softened
4. 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
5. 2 cups flour
6. 2 cups cornmeal
7. 3 tablespoons baking powder
8. 1 teaspoon salt
9. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
10. 2 cups milkheaping
11. 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Stir in cream cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese until combined.Remove from heat and stir in flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until just combined, being careful not to over mix.Stir in milk and pumpkin until just combined.
4. Remove pan from oven and add remaining tablespoon of butter. Tilt pan so that melted butter covers bottom of pan.
5. Pour batter into heated pan and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Recipe from: Melaniemakes.com
3. Pumpkin soup TOTAL TIME: 0:45
YIELD: 8 servings
1. 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
2. 1 large potato1 large onion
3. 4½ c. chicken broth
4. 1 can pure pumpkinsaltFreshly ground pepper
5. ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
6. ½ pt. heavy cream
1. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add potato and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until potato is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.Stir in pumpkin. Using an immersion blender, purée mixture until smooth. (Or, use a blender to purée mixture in batches, then return to pot.) Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil.
3. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cream and heat thoroughly.
4. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve hot.
4. Pumpkin Tomato Basil Meatballs . PREP TIME
1 hour 5 mins
Serves: 8 servings
12 oz ground turkey
12 oz ground pork sausage
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried sage
¾ almond flour
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ large white onion, chopped
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 28 oz can whole tomatoes*
¼ red wine vinegar
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp salt + more to tasteSalt to taste
½ cup chopped fresh basil
For the Stovetop:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.Make your meat balls. Combine meat with garlic powder, basil, sage, and almond flour. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Whisk the egg, and add to mixture. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on a large roasting pan. Bake for approximately 22-25 mins, or until meatballs are cooked through. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, make your sauce. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Coat the pan with olive oil and add the onion. After a few minutes, add the garlic. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the canned tomatoes and pumpkin. Mix well and reduce heat to medium low once the sauce begins to bubble. Slowly add in vinegar and salt. Simmer for at least 15-20 minutes. Add the meatballs once cooked. Let cook with the meatballs for an additional 15 minutes.
4. Top with fresh basil to serve over noodles, zoodles, or spaghetti squash.
For the Instant Pot:
1. Preheat your oven to broil.
2. Make your meat balls. Combine meat with garlic powder, basil, sage, and almond flour. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Whisk the egg, and add to mixture. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place on a large roasting pan.
3. Place in oven and broil for just a few minutes until golden brown (will not be cooked all the way).Now set your Instant Pot to saute.
4. Add in oil to coat the pot, then place onion in the pot. Saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, add garlic and saute another minute.Now add canned tomatoes, pumpkin, vinegar, salt, and tomato paste.
5. Place meatballs in the sauce mixture. Press cancel.Now secure the lid, and select the manual function. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Use a natural release for 15 minutes. Release any remaining steam, then remove the lid.
6. Top with fresh basil to serve over noodles, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash.
5. Pumpkin-Ginger waffles
TOTAL TIME: 0:30
YIELD: Five 5-inch round waffles
1¼ c. all-purpose flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ c. finely chopped crystallized ginger
2 large eggs
¾ c. Buttermilk
½ c. canned pumpkin puree
½ c. sugar
¾ tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
2. Remove 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss with crystallized ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Combine with flour mixture. Stir in butter and fold in reserved crystallized-ginger mixture. Do not overmix.
4. Heat a waffle iron and make waffles, using about 1/2 cup batter per each one. Keep warm in 200°F oven, if desired.
For more tips, recipes, tricks and hacks keep with me. Don't forget to share and comment and also experiment, share your pictures on twitter and instagram using hashtag #kso2channel for a shout-out. Enjoy!